We propose and establish the new frontier of plasma science & technology for the 21st century - Micro-/Nano-Space Plasma Materials Science:
- Generation and characterization of Micro-/Nano-Space Plasmas using piezo-technology and micro-fabrication techniques.
- Application of Micro-/Nano-Space Plasmas to materials processing, such as integrated plasma processing devices (plasma chip).
- Application of high-density Micro-/Nano-Space Plasma to plasma displays.
- Development of plasma environmental scanning probe microscopy (SPM) and its application to the study of the interface between plasmas and solid surfaces.
- Development of hot-cluster deposition and its application to functional ceramics epitaxial film synthesis.
- Opto-chemical nano-particles and composites prepared by laser and nano-plasma processing.
- Supercritical fluid plasma processing.